Thinstuff TSX RemoteApp
TSX RemoteApp allows publishing of single applications instead of a complete Windows desktop remotely.
Applications published with TSX RemoteApp appear on the client desktop as if they were local with their own start menu entry, taskbar icon and resizable window.
Following 32bit (x86) and 64bit (x64) client and server operating systems are supported:
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 R2
Note: For all newer Windows operating systems please use our TSX Client which can be found here
The following screenshots show the difference between a standard Remote Desktop session and a seamless TSX RemoteApp session.
WordPad in a standard Remote Desktop session:
WordPad in a seamless TSX RemoteApp session:
TSX RemoteApp can be used in 2 ways:
- As a free add-on to XP/VS Server Standard and Professional (no separate license needed)
- As a commercial add-on to Microsoft Terminal Services / Remote Desktop Services or virtual desktops (separate TSX RemoteApp license needed)
- Works on all Windows operating systems starting with Windows XP *
- Can be used on any virtualized Windows desktop- or server operating-system to publish single applications remotely.
Supported virtualization environments are for instance XEN Server, XEN Desktop, VMWARE Server, VMWARE Workstation, VMWARE View, Microsoft Hyper-V Server, Microsoft Virtual PC, Windows 7 XP Mode, Virtual Box etc.
- Full Remote Desktop Connection client with support for the newest RDP features included
- Connection Manager to create and manage multiple TSX RemoteApp- and Remote Desktop connections
- Automatic creation of Start Menu entries and Desktop icons for seamless integration of remote applications into the client desktop
- Execution of Auto Start programs, Windows policies and startup scripts at RDP login
* As the "Home" versions of Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 do not include the Remote Desktop feature you have to install XP/VS Server Standard or Professional before you can use TSX RemoteApp
All products mentioned are copyrighted by their respective owners.