- TS Easy Print
- How can I become a Thinstuff Reseller?
- Installation and usage of TSX Scan
- I have a problem but I cannot find the ...
- XP/VS Server versions
- Installation and Usage of TSX RemoteApp
- Uninstall XP/VS Server
- Single session per user
- Auto Printer Creation
- TSX Session Broker
- TSX RemoteApp
- XP/VS Server trial version
- Invalid hardware key?
- TSX Gateway Manual
Most popular FAQs
- TSX RemoteApp (139868 views)
- Installation and Usage of TSX RemoteApp (111993 views)
- TSX Session Broker (110532 views)
- TS RemoteApp vs. TSX RemoteApp (108820 views)
- TS Easy Print (102978 views)
- RDP serial port mapping (102493 views)
- How can I sign my .rdp files? (100047 views)
- RDP Session Timeout (95130 views)
- Reactivate/Transfer a license (92525 views)
- Invalid hardware key? (86060 views)
Aero Glass Remoting
Windows Aero is the enhanced graphical user interface in most editions of Windows Vista and Windows 7.
It is intended to be a clean and aesthetically pleasing user interface.
Aero offers new translucency effects, live thumbnails and new icons and animations.
Aero Glass remoting provides the same user experience in a remote desktop session.
Microsoft offers this feature on the following server-side operating systems:
. Windows Vista Ultimate
. Windows Vista Enterprise
. Windows 7 Ultimate
. Windows 7 Enterprise
. Windows Server 2008 R2 (only with Remote Desktop Session Host)
The Desktop Experience feature and Themes service must be enabled
The remote computer does not require Aero-capable hardware.
Aero support is also provided when connection to a “headless” server or a virtual machine
With Thinstuff XP/VS Server installed the following additional server-side operating systems are
enabled for Aero Glass remoting:
. Windows 7 Home Premium
. Windows 7 Professional
. Windows Server 2008 R2 (without Remote Desktop Session Host)
The client computer must be "Aero-capable". That means it must be running Windows Vista or Windows 7 and have "Aero-capable" hardware and drivers installed.
In other words: Windows Aero must be active on the Remote Desktop Connection client computer.
After Aero Glass remoting is enabled on the server, new users connecting remotely will automatically get Aero Glass in the remote session.
Existing users on the server must manually activate the Aero theme inside the remote session's desktop personalization.
The following settings must be set in the Remote Desktop Client:
- Color depth must be set to 32-bit
- Desktop composition must be enabled (Under the tab "Experience")
Unfortunately Aero Glass remoting is not supported between Vista and Window 7/2008 R2.
Aero Glass remoting only works from ...
. Vista to Vista
. Windows 7 to Windows 7
. Windows 7 to Windows Server 2008 R2
Aero Glass remoting is currently not supported together with the multi monitor option enabled.
Aero remoting does not work for TS RemoteApps because Desktop composition is required which RemoteApps do not have.
0/0%Last update: 2010-05-07 14:46